Class Teacher Position – commencement Term 1, 2019.
Established in 2004, Milkwood Steiner School is a flourishing co-educational, independent school offering a Steiner education from Playgroup to Kindergarten and Class 1 to Class 7. Currently 92 fulltime students attend.
Milkwood is a vibrant and growing school with an emphasis on developing the whole child through the head, heart and hands using the ACARA approved Australian Steiner Curriculum.
Our school is located approximately thirteen kilometres from the dynamic city of Darwin in the Northern Territory and features large tropical style buildings with classrooms that open out on to 5m-wide verandas. Beautiful gardens and grounds are adjacent to native woodlands where children explore. Nature studies and excursions complement our curriculum with trips to nearby beaches, nature reserves and wild spaces. The school is supported by a caring and involved parent community.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a practical understanding of Steiner Education pedagogy and philosophy.
- Have previous experience as a Steiner teacher.
- Have demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with other teachers.
- Support the ethos of our school.
- Be a highly independent and motivated individual.
- Have a high degree of professionalism and communication skills.
- Have a preparedness to be fully involved in the Schools’ activities.
- Have suitable qualifications.
Applicants must submit curriculum vitae, including the names and contact numbers of three referees, one of whom must be the current employer if applicable. A current registration as a teacher with the Teacher’s Registration Board of NT (or ability to obtain) and a Working with Children Check must also be included.
Applications Close 14th September 2018
Applications should be addressed to the Principal, Graham Baggs and should be marked ‘Confidential’ and emailed to the address below.
Phone: 08 89470608