Primary Teacher (Class 1)
Permanent contract, commencing 2021
Milkwood Steiner School
Closing Date: 23 November 2020
Milkwood Steiner School is situated on Larrakia land (Darwin), in the tropical north of Australia delivering a Steiner Curriculum to 100 students from Kindergarten to Class 6. Our school has unique large tropical style buildings with classrooms that open out on to broad verandas, with a playground that extends to a beautiful native bushland.
We are a thriving, growing school, with a welcoming community and children from diverse cultural backgrounds. Our College of Teachers are committed to applying the richness of a Steiner Education to the unique cultural and environmental context of Australia’s Top End. We are seeking a colleague who has a strong desire to grow our school with us.
Indigenous applicants who do not meet the Steiner Teaching qualification requirement, but have a willingness to engage in Steiner Teacher Training are strongly encouraged to apply, and will be provided with support and mentoring to join our College.
Key Selection Criteria
- A commitment to the principles of Steiner Education, including qualifications and/or commitment to Professional Development in Steiner Education
- Demonstrated experience planning, delivering and assessing a child-focused Steiner curriculum, with classroom management and organisational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and community including demonstrated skills in communication
- A love for children and an inclusive approach that values diversity and wellbeing
- Excellent understandings of self-care and insight into own support needs
- Specialist subject area training, skills, strengths or interests
- An interest in specialised areas of the school’s professional and cultural life (eg. child studies, festivals, adult education, eurythmy, community camps, mentoring)
All applicants must be Registered Teachers in the Northern Territory and hold a current Ochre Card, Police Check and First Aid Certificate.
Enquiries and applications to the Principal: email@example.com
Applications to include
- Cover Letter addressing the selection criteria
- CV and registration documents
- 2 referees
- Relief Teachers (Kindergarten – Class 6)
We are interested in finding enthusiastic, flexible and caring teachers to join our teaching team on a casual basis.
Staff at Milkwood are ready to embrace the school’s vision and values and educate with an approach which supports the Whole Child – Head, Heart and Hands.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a recent resume, letter of introduction and minimum of 2 recent referees.