- Primary Teachers
x2 Full time commencing Term 4, 2020
Milkwood Steiner School
Closing Date: 21 August 2020
Milkwood Steiner School is situated on Larrakia land (Darwin), in the tropical north of Australia delivering a Steiner Curriculum to 100 students from Kindergarten to Class 7. Our school has unique large tropical style buildings with classrooms that open out on to broad verandas, with a playground that extends to a beautiful native bushland.
We are a thriving, growing school, with a welcoming community and children from diverse cultural backgrounds. Our College of Teachers are committed to applying the richness of a Steiner Education to the unique cultural and environmental context of Australia’s Top End. We are seeking a colleague who has a strong desire to grow our school with us.
Indigenous applicants who do not meet the Steiner Teaching qualification requirement but have a willingness to engage in Steiner Teacher Training are strongly encouraged to apply and will be provided with support and mentoring to join our College.
Two vacancies commencing Term 4 2020 include:
- Class 4/5 Teacher
- Class 6 Teacher
Key Selection Criteria
- A commitment to the principles of Steiner Education, including qualifications and/or commitment to Professional Development in Steiner Education
- Demonstrated experience planning, delivering, and assessing a child-focused Steiner curriculum, with classroom management and organisational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and community including demonstrated skills in communication
- A love for children and an inclusive approach that values diversity and wellbeing
- Excellent understandings of self-care and insight into own support needs
- Specialist subject area training, skills, strengths, or interests
- Medium Rigid drivers’ licence
- An interest in specialised areas of the school’s professional and cultural life (eg. child studies, festivals, adult education, eurythmy, community camps, mentoring)
All applicants must be eligible to be a Registered Teacher in the Northern Territory and eligible to hold a current Ochre Card, Police Check and First Aid Certificate.
Applications close 21 August 2020.
Enquiries and applications to the Principal: email@example.com
Applications to include
- Cover Letter addressing the selection criteria
- CV and registration documents
- 2 referees
- Relief Teachers (Kindergarten – Class 7)
We are interested in finding enthusiastic, flexible and caring teachers to join our teaching team on a casual basis.
Staff at Milkwood are ready to embrace the school’s vision and values and educate with an approach which supports the Whole Child – Head, Heart and Hands.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a recent resume, letter of introduction and minimum of 2 recent referees.