Milkwood Steiner School Kindergarten Assistant – starting Term 1 2019. Applications close 14th November.
Established in 2004, Milkwood Steiner School is a flourishing co-educational, independent school offering a Steiner education from Playgroup to mixed-age Kindergarten and Class 1 to Class 7. Currently 92 fulltime students attend.
Milkwood is a vibrant and growing school with an emphasis on developing the whole child through the head, heart and hands using the ACARA approved Australian Steiner Curriculum.
Our school is located approximately thirteen kilometres from the dynamic city of Darwin in the Northern Territory and features large tropical style buildings with classrooms that open out on to 5m-wide verandas. Beautiful gardens and grounds are adjacent to native woodlands where children explore. Nature studies and excursions complement our curriculum with trips to nearby beaches, nature reserves and wild spaces. The school is supported by a caring and involved parent community.
Main Purpose of Kindergarten Assistant
The Kindergarten Assistant assists the teacher to provide an environment for children that nurtures childhood and encourages self-esteem through goodness and reverence in gesture worthy of imitation.
1. Assist the teacher to provide a safe and hygienic environment for children
2. Maintain daily order and cleanliness in the Kindergarten, including kitchen and indoor and outdoor areas
3. Prepare morning tea for the class as instructed by the teacher
4. Assist with shopping for morning tea and class resource when teacher is unable.
5. Support the teacher to include all children in receiving the full curriculum
6. Apply First Aid including natural remedies for Kinder children
7. Assist children with personal hygiene
8. Attend class meetings as requested by teacher or educational administrator
9. General support of and communication with Teacher
10. Perform duties as requested by the Teacher
11. Perform all duties according to school policies
1. Familiarity with Steiner Education, particularly early childhood education and a willingness to work in this environment
2. Certificate III Children’s Services
3. Previous experience working in Early Childhood
4. Provide and maintain a current employee Working with Children Clearance Card (Ochre Card)
5. Provide and maintain a current National Police Clearance
6. Be reliable and punctual
7. Be well methodical and tidy in the ‘housekeeping’ tasks
8. Demonstrate a sensitive awareness of children
9. Excellent communication skills
10. Reputation to uphold professional conduct and confidentiality
11. Provide and maintain a current Apply First Aid Qualification
12. Provide and maintain current Asthma Qualification
13. Provide and maintain current Anaphylaxis Qualification
Please address selection criteria and attach resume and cover letter.
Applications due: Friday 14th November 2018.
For more information please contact: Graham Baggs, Principal, (08) 8947 0608, firstname.lastname@example.org